Ima Lazy Blogger

Yes...Sorry people, I am lazy lazy lazy lazy.

It's been quite some time since I started this blog and now I am only at the 70th post. Compared to my sister's blog which has upwards of 1000 posts... =_="

Anyway, I got distracted by the Mobile World Congress 2009 that was held in Barcelona for the past whole week. It's one of the "big deal" event for the hand phone and communications industry. No, I did not go to Barcelona if you are wondering. I am merely following the event through online technology and mobile phone blogs... This is the internet age lah, what do you expect? =D

So, about the MWC2009, It definitely has a lot of hype around it. If you don't already know...

- Microsoft announced the new Windows Mobile 6.5 there (which is an update of the current v6.1).
- More Android based phones are coming up
- The first hand phone with integrated projector was announced
- More touch screen phones
- Sony Ericsson announced it's 8 megapixel Walkman phone... W995
- Sony Ericcon also announced it's upcoming 12.1 Megapixel Symbian based phone... Idou
- More touch screen phones
- More eco-friendly technology and plans for the future...

Ah... what can be better than the MWC 2009? New technology fresh from the manufacturers, new innovations, new phones, new firmwares... Mmm mmm... But I must say, there's too much hype around those touch screen phones that keep coming and coming and coming from all around the world. It seems that the whole mobile phone industry is moving towards the touch screen era. Everyone's getting a lil "touchy-feely" here. XD

Ever since the oh-so-famous-and-overly-hyped Iphone came out, ALL the other touch screen phones made by other manufacturers have been dubbed "Iphone-killer", "Iphone-alike", "Iphone-competitor", "Iphone-imitation", "Something-Like-Iphone", "Iphone-wannabe", "Iphone-add-whatever-you-want-here", etc. It's as if that there's no other touch screen phone that they can compare to. Sheesh. (I am rambling about the Iphone hype. Haha.) But seriously, I don't think any touch screen phones that are reviewed have not made any reference to the Iphone. Sure, they are considered the "pioneers" of the touch screen phone. But the hype around it is seriously too much. There are other touch screen phones that are technologically more advanced than the Iphone already and yet, everyone still compares it to Iphone. =_="

I guess Apple's marketing team is just too pro.

Anyway, congratulations to my dear Ann June for getting her new phone! (Finally! Yeay!). It's a Nokia 5800 Xpress music. Doesn't ring a bell? Let me give you a hint...there...the touch screen wan ah... Hahaha. Got it? Thanks to her dad, she finally got a new phone. No more dropped calls and shady receptions anymore. Haha. Dubbed "Iphone-killer" in Lowyat Forums, I think it is currently THE hottest Nokia handset in Malaysia now. Thanks to the low price, rich bundle and the omg-way-too-much touch screen hype. Yeay?

Nevertheless, I'm happy for her. =D

So, this is just a minor minor update for the sake of updating. No pictures whatsoever. 'Cause Ima Lazy Blogger.

2 comments:

AJ said...

WHHHEEEE!!!! :D You finally updated!! xD *hugs!* I am happy for me too!!! :D:D

Chu iAN said...

Hello, thanks for the comment =D
But may I know who u are? And what brought u to my site? Hehe. So that I can update my blog with more relevant posts that people want to read. Thank you again. =D