Burger talk

Prologue

It was a gastronomical enlightening lunch yesterday at Sunway Pyramid's Carl's Jr. fastfood restaurant.

Me and June were deciding between Wendy's and Carl's Jr. for lunch as we have both heard so much about their burgers. We passed by Wendy's first but decided to check out Carl's Jr. first before we decide. So, we walked one big round around the Marakesh (I'm not sure about the spelling) area and found it in quite an lonely location. There's already 8-10 people in it happily chatting and eating their burgers and we both decided to have our lunch there as I'm very lazy to walk back to Wendy's. Haha.

So, I ordered Carl's Jr. Portobello Mushroom Burger with medium fries and drink and an addon of side salad (don't know why) and went to our table and faithfully awaited the arrival of our burgers. =D

Touch

Sure enough, our burgers arrived shortly after. (Proves that Carl's Jr. is not a con shop. Haha). The burger was wrapped in a modest piece of paper, still warm at touch and no, i can't smell anything 'cause it's wrapped up. Duh. Anyway, the first time I held the burger up, I can actually FEEL the weight of the burger!!! Instinctively, the jakun part of me asked June to hold the burger too. Haha. Truthfully, I've never held or ordered a burger as heavy as this (proves that Big Mac is like feather in comparision). Eager to start off with my burger, I took my burger and started to unwrap it...

Sight & Smell

Oh boy oh boy! My first Carl's Jr. burger!
Carefully unwrapping the folds of the papers *suspense music starts* ...gently flattening the creases marked upon it *music builds up*... I finally see it... *music reaches climax*
oh wait *music stops abruptly* Of course, no burger in this world looks nearly the same as they publicize it. Haha. Same applies to Carl's Jr. However, this burger is, I must admit, BIG. I shall think that Big Macs should be renamed as Mini Macs in a relative manner.
Anyway, the mere sight of the burger definitely makes me hungry. It is as if the burger is yelling out "EAT ME!!!" The moist beef patty peeking out between the bread...the mushroom sauce almost dripping out of the burger...and some fresh tomatoes underneath further accentuates how juicy this burger will be...mmm mmm...*mouth waters* The smell of the burger wafted into my nostrils, tempting me every second...mmm...it's the smell of good patty with good sauce... I slowly held the burger up...bringing myself forward to reach it...and opened my mouth...

Taste

*bites*
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmph!!!!
So so so so good! The tenderness of the patty...the springiness in the mushrooms and the crispiness of the tomatoes and onions...all of them complimented each other, blending into one another, marrying together to become...the perfect bite. mmmmmm...
You can almost feel the juices oozing out of the patty, unlike Big Mac's dry patty as Carl's Jr.'s are char-broiled (not sure what it means). The mushroom's sauce are also magnificently blended as it is not too salty and fake-mushroom-ish like other mushroom sauce. Simply excellent. The first thing that came to my mind was: "I'm gonna give up on McDonald's burgers."

Hear? Nothing much to hear except sounds of my mouth, munching up the wonderful burger and catching a few sips of Sproke (Sprite + Coke) in between. Haha.

Overall

It was definitely a whole new perspective on burgers. Who knew they can make burgers this good. There was a news article in The Star a few months ago describing the "invasion" of more "premium" fastfood chains like Carl's Jr. and Wendy's which charges double the price of McDonald's burgers and how the general public are willing to spend this extra buck.
After eating at Carl's Jr. yesterday, I shall say that their burgers are excellent albeit high pricing. Anyone who wanted to know how burgers should taste like, should try Carl's Jr. =)
Carl's Jr.'s Portobello Mushroom Burger

Health reminder: Excessive consumption of fastfood may cause health complications and obesity. The owner of this blog is not liable for any of the complications that might be attained by the reader due to the temptation of the burger described in this post. Thank you.

No comments: