Lazy Saturday Afternoon

Good mid-day everyone. It's a lazy, warm and sunny afternoon here in Melbourne... Ah... weather is quite nice today minus the fact that the sun is way too glaring for my eye's pleasure. =p

Anyway, life goes on as usual here in Melbourne. Not too worry everyone, I'm doing alright here after 2 months in the land of the Kangaroos (speaking of which, I haven't seen one yet since I've arrived). Lectures are hypnotizing as usual... The constant droning of the lecturer trying to drive knowledge into my mundane brain. Blah blah blah blah keeps hammering my attention and conciousness down to absolute zero. Labs are hectic and a weekly chore... Especially the lab for Sensors and Artificial Perception - pain in the butt as analogue electronics are definitely my worst subject. Add in the non-ideal conditions of the experiment and you'll get nonsense out of the sensors circuit.

Entertainment times are sparse and much looked forward to. We have hall suppers, floor outings, day trips, badminton, a game of pool, foosball, etc. A break from studying is very much needed. Really. Phew... Just like what I'm doing now, blogging while listening to music on my laptop (I love my laptop!). Well, after this, it'll be another session of contemplating programming codes and preparing lab report. Le sigh, the life of an overseas student.

Oh well, I must certainly admit that I miss home already. Though not so much home sick, but I miss my mum and dad back at home. Home cooked food, the occasional barley/ red bean soup, take-home breakfasts on Saturdays and mamak on Sunday mornings. Also all the quirky moments that happen in the house with mum and dad... Oh, and mum saying "wa ai lim teh~" (I want to drink tea in Hokkien) from downstairs when all of us are upstairs studying/ using the computer. Haha. And dad will be listening to music while working in his study room with the air conditioning on... It's nice to go in and enjoy the cold air for a few minutes but only to come out to the upstairs study room filled with hot air.

Lalala~ I just had pasta fettucini cooked with smoked tuna, egg, italian herbs and olive oil and also instant Italian minestrone soup (1 hour ago). Well, not too bad considering a 15 minutes cooking time. Drinking earl grey tea from breakfast, I can feel my bowels churning and signalling me to the toilet. Haha. That's all for now folks. I think this post is more of a mindless, wandering blubbering that somehow makes sense, vaguely. It's definitely affected by the weather - warm, lazy saturday afternoon weather.

No comments: